We wanted to take the time to update all our wonderful clients about some important changes here at Barker Animal Hospital. Effective immediately we are moving to Curbside Concierge or TeleVet appointments ONLY.
Temporarily, our lobby will be closed to customers and guests. We want to protect both the health of our staff and our clients as best as possible while still being available to provide all your pet care needs. Our policies will be updated as needed to be compliant with current state regulations.
What does this mean?
- Concierge Service for clients:
- Just give us a call at (757) 410-5533 when you arrive!
- We will meet you at your car to retrieve and return your pet
- Pet Parents are to wait in the car during the appointment
- We will call to discuss consultation and treatment options
- Payment via phone at the time services are rendered
- If you are dropping by a sample for analysis, please call us at (757) 410-5533 to let us know you have arrived
- Curbside Concierge service for medication and pet food purchases that must be picked up at the practice.
- Please call us at (757) 410-5533 when you arrive
- Pay via phone for medications or food purchases
Our hospital will remain OPEN during our normal business hours:
- Mon: 9am-7pm
- Tue: Closed
- Wed, Thu, Fri: 9am-6pm
- Sat: 9am-5pm
- Sun: 10am-3pm
Don’t forget, we have virtual appointments available through TeleVet. Just download the app and you’re ready to schedule a virtual appointment with our doctors without ever leaving the comfort of your home.
We encourage you to use our ONLINE STORE for medication refills and pet food purchases. Plan ahead so you have what you need on hand before your current supply runs out.
As a reminder, preventative care for pets remains an important public health priority, even in this time of concern. For those with puppies and kittens, we encourage you to keep to your vaccination schedule to ensure your pet is protected.
Please call us with any questions or concerns at (757) 410-5533. And don’t forget to download the TeleVet app!
We will continue to keep you updated on additional changes. We appreciate your understanding as we work to make sure pets receive the care they need while keeping our team and our clients healthy and safe.